Thursday 5 June 2014

The final two envelopes

I've been beat at my own game.

After ten months of envelope surprises, Hubby has gone and trumped me.


And so it begun. My weekend of cards.
Now, I hate those girls that gush about their guys. This goes against every fibre in my being. I think it's important he knows who is boss.
Thank you Sofitel Wentworth for the little complementary welcome gifts
But there is no other way to discuss what just happened to me over Western Australia's long WA Day weekend, the week before my big 3-0 birthday.

I knew we were going somewhere. I thought Margaret River. I knew he'd spent a lot on my birthday. I thought it was the Thermomix contribution.

I was not prepared for the jaw-dropping, well-thought and amazingly presented card with six envelopes I was given last Friday.

I was whisked away to Sydney for the weekend. Mini Me with my mum, tickets booked, bags packed. Off we went.

Sydney Selfies

Every card was amazing.... Dinner at ARIA, a day with my best friend, chilling at Bondi, business class flight home, an Addam's Family lunch upon return on Monday.

 
Each envelope was dated. Each hilarious.

Hubby out did every gift he's even given. He made other WAGs jealous. He made other partners angry.

And it put my last two date cards - rock climbing and a drive in - to shame.

I've been trumped, but you'll only see me gush.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment